Clifford starts 2012 by finishing his AXJ and earning his first T2B leg with 9 points!
Clifford is my first non-Labrador in many years. It's quite a ride. I chose
the Welsh Springer Spaniel breed because they're one of the few remaining hunting
breeds that doesn't have a "split" between the working dog and the show dog
lines. Clifford is one great hunter and completed the requirements to become
an AKC Champion on January 10, 2004 by winning WD and BOS at the Sammamish Kennel
Club's winter show in Puyallup, WA. He was the first WSS to earn all three AKC
Rally titles, is competing in agility, entry level obedience, and the Retrievers
are teaching him the finer points of begging, retrieving and water play. In
late 2009, we tried Tracking. To my complete surprise, he's a natural.
In 2010, not only did he finish his Open Agility Jumpers title,
his Open FAST title, earned his first 2 MACH points, and earned his first leg
in Novice Obedience, he did it by winning the very first Iron Welsh Challenge
which was held at the 2010 WSSCA National Specialty! He went on to earn his
Tracking Title near the end of the year in great style, after recovering from
overshooting the first corner. The video is on YouTube
After a year long hiatus (in which Clifford earned his CD and VCD1, and is working toward advanced tracking titles), we returned to the agility ring. He earned his AXJ with 3 Q's in a row after a couple of "practice runs". Once again he's able to surprise me. We ran in the new Time to Beat class - really a "Border Collie" game - qualified in his first try a respectable 3 seconds off the fastest time - the "time to beat" - and earned 9 points toward the T2B title. However, I'd decided to move him to the preferred classes after he finished his AXJ, so those 9 points will be hanging.
Stay tuned as Clifford's story continues to unfold. Even as a "senior citizen" Clifford has plenty of fire!
|Owner: Franna Pitt|
|Breeder: Adrienne Bancker and Dawn Ford|
|BIS, BISS, HIT Ch. Benton
Ivy League, UD, MX, MXJ, RA, CGC OFA Fair
||Rwyn Lucky Luke
||Rwyn Vintage Year
|Int Fin Ch Rwyn Notre Dame
|Int Fin Su Ch Benton Delaware Storm
||N Dk Uch Kazval Call Collect||
|Fin Est Uch Statesman's Unbridled
|Ch Rwyn Heaven's Telstar,
UD, NA, NAJ, CGC OFA Good
||Ch Statesman's Ammo OFA Good
||Ch Don's Still Waters Run Deep SH OFA Good
|Ch Statesman's Affirmed OFA Good
|Int Fin Ch. Rwyn Notre Dame OFA Good
||Int Fin Dk Uch Rwyn Xavier ||
|Int Fin Uch Rwyn Galloise
|Hips: OFA Good|
|Elbows: OFA Normal|
|Eyes: CERF with PPM both eyes||
Clifford's Competition Accomplishments
- Tacoma Kennel Club 6/9/02, WD BW BOS - 3 points, second show!
- Portland Kennel Club 7/13/02, RWD (major)
- Olympic Kennel Club 8/17/02, WD BOS - 4 points
- Seattle Kennel Club 2/1/03, WD BOS - 2 points
- Timberland Valley Dog Fanciers Ass'n. 3/8/03, WD BB - 1 point
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers 6/7/03, WD BB (1 special) - 1 point
- Portland Kennel Club 7/12/03, RWD (major)
- Greater Clark County Kennel Club 7/13/03, RWD
- Portland Kennel Club 10/11/03, RWD
- Willamette Valley Kennel Club 11/1/03, WD BW BOS - 3 points
- Willamette Valley Kennel Club 11/2/03, WD - 0 points
- Tacoma Kennel Club 1/9/04, RWD
- Sammamish Kennel Club 1/10/04, WD BOS - 1 point - New AKC Champion!!!
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers 1/11/04, WD BW BOS - 1 point
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers 1/7/05, BB
- Dog Fanciers of Oregon 1/23/05, BB and on TV!!!
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America 4/2/10, 1st place Versatile Spaniel
- Hillsboro, Oregon 5/10/03 V-2 CAC
- Hillsboro, Oregon 5/10/03 V-1 UCICB
- Hillsboro, Oregon 5/11/03 V-1 UCICB
- Enumclaw, Washington 11/8/03 V-1 UCICB - New International Champion!!!
- Enumclaw, Washington 11/9/03 V-1 UCICB
- AKC CGC: Mount Rainier Sporting Spaniel Club - 10/27/02 Clifford's First
- AKC Rally
- Portland Kennel Club 10/11/03 (non-regular) Rally Novice 96!!!
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers 1/11/04 (non-regular) Rally Novice 78 -
oops! -20 points for handler errors!
- Sammamish Kennel Club 1/6/05 Rally Novice 96 (?) 1st leg
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers 1/7/05 Rally Novice 89 (?) 2nd leg
- Dog Fanciers of Oregon 1/23/05 Rally Novice 96(?) New Rally Novice
title - FIRST RN WSS!!!
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers 6//05 Rally Advanced 1st leg
- Mt. Baker Kennel Club 6//05 Rally Advanced 2nd leg, 2nd Place!
- Clackamas Kennel Club 6/26/05 Rally Advanced 3rd Leg, 3rd Place - New
Rally Advanced Title!!!
- Bell Vernon Kennel Association 7/2/05 Rally Excellent 1st Leg, 96 Second
- Portland Kennel Club 7/16/05 Rally Excellent 2nd Leg
- Portland Dog Obedience Club 7/17/05 Rally Excellent 3rd Leg, 1st Place,
New Rally Excellent Title!!! (First RE WSS!!!)
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America 4/2/10 Rally Excellent 4th Q,
Rally Advanced 4th Q, First RAE leg.
- AKC Obedience
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America 4/2/10 Novice B 1st Leg, 189.5
- Collie Club of Washington 2/26/11 Novice B 2nd Leg, 190, 4th Place
- Rainier Sporting Dog Association 8/17/11 Novice B 3rd Leg, 171 - Companion Dog Title!!! AND Versatile Companion Dog 1 Title!
- AKC Tracking
- Puget Sound Labrador Retriever Association 10/24/10 PASS!!! New Tracking
- AKC Agility
- Evergreen Golden Retriever Club 6/18/05 Novice Standard 1st Leg, 95,
- Evergreen Golden Retriever Club 6/18/05 Novice JWW 1st Leg, 95, Second
- Sno-King Agility Club, 5/6/06, Novice Standard 2nd leg , 90, Third Place
- Sno-King Agility Club, 5/6/06, Novice JWW 2nd leg, 100, Third Place
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers, 6/10/06, Novice Standard 3rd leg, 100,
Second Place - NA Title!
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers, 6/11/06, Novice JWW 3rd leg, 95, Second
Place- NAJ Title!
- Puyallup Valley Dog Fanciers, 6/11/06, Open Standard 1st leg, 95, First
- Evergreen State Shetland Sheepdog Club, 3/3/07, Open Standard 2nd leg,
95, Third Place
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, 10/6/07, Open Standard 3rd leg,
95, Second Place - OA Title!!
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, 10/6/07, Novice FAST 1st leg,
59 points, Second Place
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, 10/7/07, Novice FAST 2nd leg,
65 points, Second Place
- Puget Sound Labrador Retriever Association, 11/3/07, Novice FAST 3rd
leg - NF Title!
- (somewhere in here... 3 Excellent standard legs and the AX title, plus
two Open jumpers legs and one Open FAST leg)
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, 4/2/10, Open Jumpers 3rd leg
- OAJ Title!!
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, 4/2/10, Open FAST 2nd leg
- Columbia River Agility Club, 4/3/10, Excellent B Standard Q - First
2 MACH Points!
- Columbia River Agility Club, 4/3/10, Open FAST 3rd leg - OF Title!!
- Western Washington Hound Association, 2/19/11, Excellent B Standard
Q - 11 MACH Points.
- Western Washington Hound Association, 2/19/11, Excellent A JWW Q, First
leg, First Place!
- Field Spaniel Society of America, 2/10/12, Excellent A JWW Q, Second Leg, First Place!
- Field Spaniel Society of America, 2/12/12, Excellent A JWW Q, Third Leg, Second Place! - AXJ Title!!!
- Field Spaniel Society of America, 2/12/12, Time to Beat Q, First Leg - 9 Points!
- Hunt Tests
- (I have to look up the four legs for his JH and his WC.) - WC and
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, 4/5/10, 5th Junior Pass to Win
the Iron Welsh Champion Title!!
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, St. Louis, MO, 9/19/11, 6th Junior Pass
Iron Welsh Challenge
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Club of America, April 1 to 5, 2010 - the Initial
IWC. Clifford qualified in 5 of 6 events: Agility, Obedience, Rally, Conformation,
and Field to become the FIRST Iron Welsh Champion!!!
- Clifford's First Page - Starting
pre-birth, anticipation of which pup we'd get and his first weeks here.
- Clifford Helps with Farm Chores -
or what to do with a small puppy and large animals?
- Clifford's Chuckar Adventure - Clifford
Meets Mr. Chuck for the first (and not the last!) time.
- Puppies At Play - Clifford's Best Buddy
is Jennifer's black lab pup, Sooty. They spend as much time as we'll let them
running, wrestling and playing. Here, Clifford is 12.5 weeks old and Sooty
is 16 weeks old.
- Clifford Does January, 2002
- January,2002 was a busy month for Clifford. He started puppy kindergarten
to become more social with other dogs - and ended up in a class with 5 Labrador
puppies!!! Of course, he feels right at home with 4 more Sooty's to play with.
He's been to 4H and meeting big dog Welsh springers Rickie and Tyler.
- Clifford Goes to the Dog Show
- As Clifford finds out - a proper Welsh Springer Spaniel doesn't just "go"
to the dog show.
- Clifford The Hunting Dog
- Ch. Benton Ivy League, UD, RN, MX, MXJ, MXP, MJP (Clifford's Dad) - Photo
- (Adrienne, I apologize, I've lost track of all Eero's and
- Ch. Rwyn Heaven's Telstar, UD, NAP, NJP, CGC (Clifford's Mom) -
- Clifford's Family Album
- Clifford's Article in Starter Barks
- MSWord Document
Clifford's breeding record.
This section will be very short. Clifford has autoimmune thyroid disorder and
was neutered in spring, 2009, without being bred. Not every dog should be bred,
regardless of their accomplishments. They need to improve the gene pool and
offer something unique. I didn't feel Clifford had those qualities.
For additional information contact EverRanch by e-mail.
Return to Our Dogs Page Return to EverRanch
Page revised February 12, 2012 by EverWeb Designs